Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 8 Fans

All 2,649 flash Reviews

Caravaneer Caravaneer

I dislike this.

It's a well polished trading game that seems to have a fair few variables to play around with. But it's just lacking in urgency and sections seem trickier than necessary.

I couldn't actually work out how to attach a cart.

The battles quickly became simple once I had developed enough AP and were just a repetitive affair. Without any time limit or anything of that sort, I felt no real need to venture outside of the starting route between the 3 cities the sherif suggested. I basically felt no in-game push towards changing up my play.

I liked the graphics for the town maps.

Icycle Icycle

Very pretty. Reasonably well designed levels.

This was a beautiful game.

I loved the textures, shapes and colours you used. And the concept is arresting - who can resist the allure of the naked cyclist?

Ultimately, it was just a joy to see each new environment.

Level 7's penultimate stage seemed like a big leap in logic - far more so than any other point. I had to stop playing, look at a walkthrough... then (just before the video whosed what needed to be done), I realised it myself. But others have said that level 7 completely stumped them so I think that the concept of using a growing platform to rise should have been introduced earlier, in a simpler form. The gaseous 'lifts' were well introduced, by comparison.

If each level was a puzzle, this would have been fine. As is, the incongruity sticks out in a game that can otherwise be relatively easily completed with perseverance.

I enjoyed playing through the game but I was a bit disappointed with the ending. I was hoping for some sort of conclusion to the story rather than just a scorecard.

I don't anticipate trying to collect all bubbles without dying - that would just be a test of perseverance and learning by rote. However, I applaud the fact that the challenge exists.

A great game, but the level-design (whilst fun) isn't /quite/ to the standard of the graphics.

Anthony the Ant Anthony the Ant

A mixed bag of inventive animations.

Really impressive for 5hrs work.

I think it might have been better with buttons - it's tricky to click the mouth (I had to zoom in to do so) and buttons would ensure we could see all the animations.

My favourites were definitely the falling (though that could have been a tad faster) and the shoes (really nice and smooth 'smoke').

When he bounces the head, the arm goes over it when replacing it. I think you should have taken the effort of making a 2nd arm on a layer underneath the head, to use for those few frames.

Amusing. Really impressive for 5hrs and I look forward to seeing the stuff you spent longer on.

Cherry Garcia Cherry Garcia

A memorable joke executed near-perfectly.

I enjoyed Luis's voice.

I'm a big fan of the brevity of this animation. No fluff, straight to the joke. You animated the reaction well and the concept is silly and amusing enough to merit a couple of watches.

I'm struggling to think of a criticism - it's possible that some folk might not notice the screenshot in the bg, so maybe you should have darkened the rest of the screen, leaving the diagonal slice around the relevant quote normal, to bring our attention to it. Tbh, I didn't notice it before clicking play - but I did have time to read the quote on the tub (but not the name).

Anyways, a great animation. Not a joke that had my sides splitting, but a memorable one executed near-perfectly.

P.in.g P.in.g

worse than many alternatives.

I really don't think Pong makes for a decent 1p game without some serious twists.

I mean, Breakout was made to serve that purpose and works well but there's a ton of other directions you could take it in. As is, it just seems uninspired with no ideas to call its own.

The collision detection seems broken too - when I first played, I hit the ball twice with my bat, lost both times, then thought that maybe that was the twist - that I had to realise to let it hit the wall. After losing a 3rd point, I again hit it with my bat and thereafter it worked as expected. In my 2nd game, the CPU lost a point when the ball was near the centre, as did I.

I liked the end animation though.

1924 1924

A mediocre platformer, made annoying by a gimmick.

I struggled through with the excessive dialogue screens, purposely avoiding extra items I might normally collect and trying to minimise the number of times they popped up.

I'd hoped that maybe the ending would give some meaning to them - explaining their necessity or placing them in some broader context at least.

As is, it seems like a mediocre, if short and easy, platformer, made twice as long and infinitely more annoying to play by your gimmick.

Whether it's meant to be funny or provide food for thought, I don't really get it.

Tuper Tario Tros. Tuper Tario Tros.

Hoping for a sequel!

It's great to play an original concept but this didn't quite live up to its original promise.

I liked the beginning, starting with classic Mario, before explaining how to carry on.

It was fun getting to grips with this idea, making platforms for Mario to nagivate the ravine, but when it came time to either scroll on or simply play tetris, it really semed like there was no interplay between the two 'games'.

My favourite part occurs towards the end - by destroying the top few layers of blocks just after the ravine, we can enter the lower passage, providing access to all the ?s and goombas. For this moment, the game seemed to click for me, one game truly adding meaning to the other.

Maybe a sequel to this game could expand on that, with red coins that are the challenge to get to but give you silly amounts of points and a tally of how many you collected (out of how many) at the end. Just now, with the similarity in scoring potential between acessing such areas and simply placing new ?s for Mario to hit, theres insufficient motivation to do that.

The ending was a fun twist, adding a genuinely new element, though the rules were a bit unclear. That I should win after only completing the outline seems really wierd to me

It remains well worth playing, even if only for curiousity value but I think it'd take a sequel to really make this shine.

Yu-Gi-Oh DUB Style Yu-Gi-Oh DUB Style

I chuckled at the end.

I kinda liked the brevity. Short and sweet. The abrupt end added to the humour for me.

Script was decent - made me chuckle at the end - but there obviously wasn't time to develop any jokes further or get a comedy plot going. Maybe that would work as an experiment.

I thought using the original video was OK - animating stuff yourself would only make for better entertainment once your animation was rather slick - until then though, it may be goo for practice. You decide if that's something you want to pursue.

I don't care much for the format but your piece was entertaining despite that.

Luis in RL Luis in RL

Better than a green banana

I liked it. Short, sweet and made me chuckle.

The combination of fast fbf transitions between expressions, eimple tweened movement and longish holds works really nicely.

I think Luis's voice being so hard to understand (thank god there were subtitles) made it a tad less immediate but that's just me being picky.

Fiasco Fiasco

Rather cool

I love the bold shapes and colours you've got here and your illustration style really comes through in some of the held faces.

I think the running cat looks a bit cheap though, with the sorta slightly awkward ellipses for legs.

A fun watch and I look forward to seeing more animation from you!

nonstopive responds:

Thanks! I agree with the cat and would definitely fix it up if I were to use it again.