All 1,877 movie Reviews

Cherry Garcia Cherry Garcia

A memorable joke executed near-perfectly.

I enjoyed Luis's voice.

I'm a big fan of the brevity of this animation. No fluff, straight to the joke. You animated the reaction well and the concept is silly and amusing enough to merit a couple of watches.

I'm struggling to think of a criticism - it's possible that some folk might not notice the screenshot in the bg, so maybe you should have darkened the rest of the screen, leaving the diagonal slice around the relevant quote normal, to bring our attention to it. Tbh, I didn't notice it before clicking play - but I did have time to read the quote on the tub (but not the name).

Anyways, a great animation. Not a joke that had my sides splitting, but a memorable one executed near-perfectly.

Yu-Gi-Oh DUB Style Yu-Gi-Oh DUB Style

I chuckled at the end.

I kinda liked the brevity. Short and sweet. The abrupt end added to the humour for me.

Script was decent - made me chuckle at the end - but there obviously wasn't time to develop any jokes further or get a comedy plot going. Maybe that would work as an experiment.

I thought using the original video was OK - animating stuff yourself would only make for better entertainment once your animation was rather slick - until then though, it may be goo for practice. You decide if that's something you want to pursue.

I don't care much for the format but your piece was entertaining despite that.

Luis in RL Luis in RL

Better than a green banana

I liked it. Short, sweet and made me chuckle.

The combination of fast fbf transitions between expressions, eimple tweened movement and longish holds works really nicely.

I think Luis's voice being so hard to understand (thank god there were subtitles) made it a tad less immediate but that's just me being picky.

Fiasco Fiasco

Rather cool

I love the bold shapes and colours you've got here and your illustration style really comes through in some of the held faces.

I think the running cat looks a bit cheap though, with the sorta slightly awkward ellipses for legs.

A fun watch and I look forward to seeing more animation from you!

nonstopive responds:

Thanks! I agree with the cat and would definitely fix it up if I were to use it again.

Run, Darnell, Run! Run, Darnell, Run!

Twas fun. Good work.

The style was really pulled off brilliantly.

I loved the music, flickering darkened edges crazy morphs and rubber-hose limbs.

After the island bit had gone past, the rest of the story was fairly predictable but fun to watch regardless.

My one complaint would be that you could've thrown in some more 'Oh shit!' -type reaction shots from the KKK Uber-kids.

Twas fun. Good work.

Picos Popcorn at the Park Picos Popcorn at the Park

Stylish lines and animation.

The graphics, animation and music are generally fantastic.

I liked the texture, though it was kinda unsettling having the texture remain static when the camera panned or zoomed.

I wasn't too sure it captured the essence of Pico but it's always fun watching different takes on the character.

And dialogue-free animations are rarer than they should be.

Chuck Breaks Pico-Day Chuck Breaks Pico-Day

Fun tempo and funny end.

The graphics were terrible - in the side-on view specially with the proportions that were neither stylish nor realistic. Also, the voice recordings had a fair bit of noise in the mic.

Having said that, I actually kinda enjoyed this. It had a fun tempo and the ending made me chuckle. The '!' bonus was cool too.

Work on your drawings, but keep making movies. :-)

TheBrothersFreep responds:

Thanks a lot. Like I said I was in a bit of a rush, but I'll be sure to take my time and make some neater drawings next time.

Also I don't have a very good recording device, but I'll try to get a better one.

Pico Gets In Shape Pico Gets In Shape

Entertaining.

Rather awesome.

I'm guessing the style was inspired by the Pico 2 Gameplay demo?

It didn't make me laugh, but it was engrossing and seemed to sum up NG nicely.

Anyways, did you make the tunes at the start/end? They're totally kick-arse - specially the opening! Are you gonna upload them?

AlmightyHans responds:

actually i just tried making a shape toon out of pico. and no i dindt make that music i just distorted the original song.

Hhhnnnnnggggrrrasdhasdhfa Hhhnnnnnggggrrrasdhasdhfa

I liked the animation and sounds.

The title kinda ruins the surprise, rendering it not particularly funny.

I actually like the animation - the style you use for the vomit reminds me of Norman McLaren's work where he painted directly on film.

Maybe showing some residue would've been cool but generally just keep going. Maybe make a music vid or an animation with longer story?

Happy Birthday Luis Happy Birthday Luis

I TOTALLY APPROVE.

I was actually just trying to remember your name... heh.

The 'controversy' one was my fave.

Wasn't there another one you made? did you delete a clip, or is my memory failing me again?

Anyways, a fun tribute to a fun guy. I TOTALLY APPROVE.

(But it's not as energetic as your dancing.)

Nogfish responds: